Swellable Water Bar Description:
- Swellable Water Bar - Conventional Pre-formed water bars have not been user friendly and often failed because it hindered the concreting because of its bulky size in the shutter and the nailing of the water bars to the shutters to keep them in position, punctured the water-bars and made them ineffective. Swellable Water Bar,keeping this in view Siddhi Rubber Udyog introduces user friendly and most effective Hydro Swellable water bar for constructions joints which swell in the centre of the construction joint post construction under pressure when it comes in contract with the water from leakages, effectively blocking the leakages.
- Hydroswell is a neoprene based hydrophilic construction joint water bar which expands to 250% of its original volume in the construction joint when it comes in the contract with water post construction. Swellable Water Bar is user friendly,It only needs nailing in position at the center of the construction joint just before the subsequent pour.
Swellable Water Bar Installation:
- Make sure that the concrete is dry, clean the surface and make it smooth, free from any loose material .
- Just before the subsequent lift of the concrete is poured nail Siddhi Rubber at the centre of the construction joint at an interval of 30 centimeter C/C .
- When one piece of the Hydroswell has to be joined with the subsequent one at the end of the length do not over-lap Hydroswell but lay it close to the end in a butt joint.
- Hydroswell is supplied with a water retardant coating to guard against premature expansion or the swell of the product during construction. It is still recommended that the product is not used during rainy spells.
Swellable Water Bar Advantages:
- Swellable Water Bar is user friendly,It only needs nailing in position at the center of the construction joint just before the subsequent pour.
- Expanded Swellable Water Bar is highly flexible and absorbs all deflection and movements in the structure during and post construction.
- Swellable Water Bar is highly chemical resistant and resistant to hydrocarbons as well.
- It is effective against potable water, hard water and saline water as well.
- It can be safely installed with nails.
Swellable Water Stop:
- Swellable Water stops is an active sodium bentonite/butyl rubber-based water stop designed to stop water infiltration through the cast in place concrete construction joints by expanding upon contact with water to form a positive seal against the concrete. It also fills the cracks and pores on the concrete.
- Usage of Swellable water stop
- Used for concrete joints, and intersections of old and new concrete in the construction of pools, foundations, tunnels, manholes, retaining walls, garages, curtain walls, water deposits, water purification facilities and pipe penetrations into above-mentioned constructions.
- The surface must be clean and dry. It must not be applied to wet, frozen, greasy or dusty surfaces, and under wet weather conditions.
- Firmly press the entire length of it onto concrete. In vertical and overhead applications, press for at least 15 seconds for perfect adherence.
- Make sure water stop covers all parts of the surface, especially for surfaces which are not perfect in shape.
- Use swell-fix primer when necessary.
- Put together coil ends side by side or end to end; do not overlap. Remove silicon paper and pour concrete carefully and indirectly.